Well, that’s all folks, the holiday season is coming to an end, and you know what that means, time to begin preparation for next year! Just kidding, but for those of you who are curious planners, what better way to start your next shopping endeavor than by reviewing the top gifts of this season?
Being that it is the center of all things purchased online, let’s take a look at the top gifts purchased on Amazon, a special look at what Amazon calls their most popular items ordered as gifts, a page on the website that is updated daily. So, as the holidays are coming to a close, let’s see what’s currently on the hot list. To make things a bit easier, I have broken the items down into four gift categories:
Toys & Games
Movies & TV
Because you are a modern consumer and you love to know what’s fresh on the market, here is a look-see at the number one top selling product in each category!
1. First up, toys and games! I know what your thinking, but the adults actually steal the show when it comes to the game category. With 4.9 out of 5 stars and a 91% 5 star rating we have: Cards Against Humanity. If your not familiar with the game, get ready to laugh until your stomach hurts and prepare yourself for all things awkward, seriously don’t play with mom and dad. With what seems like an endless possible number of rounds, see if you can create the funniest random ending to a sentence. You have been warned!
2. Movies & TV! Unlike the toys category that you would think would be geared towards children, the current most popular DVD purchased as a gift on Amazon is indeed a children’s flick. With 4.6 out of 5 stars and a 75% 5 star customer review, I give you: Inside Out, Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack + Digital Copy.
Here’s a quick look at an Editorial Review of the film if you are interested in the story line:
“…Do you ever look at someone and wonder what’s going on inside their head? Disney-Pixar’s INSIDE OUT takes a rollicking journey into the mind to find the answer. Based in Headquarters, the control center of 11-year-old Riley’s mind, five emotions are hard at work, led by lighthearted optimist Joy. She strives to make sure Riley stays happy as she operates alongside fellow emotions Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness. It’s “an instant classic,” raves Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times.”
3. To all of my gadget and gizmo lovers, here is your favorite category of all, Electronics. The top item currently being purchased as a gift on Amazon is the Amazon Fire, 7″ Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – in Black. Over 20,000 customers have reviewed the product and give it an average of 4.2 stars. It currently holds the title of #1 Best Seller in Computers and Accessories.
Take a look at some of the Amazon Fire tablet special features, just to name a few:
- 7 inch display screen
- Front and rear cameras
- Access to over 38 million movies, TV shows, songs, books, apps and games
- 8 GB of internal storage
- Battery for up to 7 hours of reading, surfing the web, watching videos, and listening to music
- Fast web browsing, email, and calendar support
4. Music! I bet you never would have seen this one coming, she strikes again. With 4.7 out of 5 stars and an 85% 5 star rating, Adele continues to capture the world with her unmistakable voice with her album 25- Adele. The CD is the top item being purchased as a gift on Amazon in the musical department. Hello from the other side of gift giving, I’m sure all of the holiday CD receivers were not let down by this gift.
Have I inspired you to start shopping again, post holiday? I’ve managed to inspire myself!
That’s a wrap on our Modern Consumer holiday gift guide, ending with a review of the top gifts being purchased on Amazon, because let’s face it, being well informed consumers and gift giving in general just never gets old!