We all know Boston is famous for its fresh clam chowder, year-round fun artsy exhibitions, and…crazy snow. You can easily be tricked by the weather if you are new to the city. During the winter season, it can be sunny this minute and immediately change to a terrible blizzard. A warm jacket is a must there, but the heavy and baggy design is never the ideal. Tired of putting on layers and layers, you are probably looking for this lightweight electric jacket.
Mercury Intelligent Heated Jacket — outerwear that’s voice-controlled, built for anything, automatically heats to the right temperature, and learns your behavior to get better over time.
- Modulated Heat: a smart thermostat reacts to your environment, and learn your preferences and settings as you go
- the heater automatically turns on when it senses the motion and external temperature change
- almost weightless, easy for travel and everyday life
- Easy Control:
- voice-controlled: naturally activate your jacket, just like Alexa or Siri
- on-the-go app control: iOS and Android Supported
- Durable and Everything Proof: wind, snow, water, and odors
- utilize S. Cafe sustainable technology to absorb and neutralize odor
- Beautiful Design and Functional:
- multiple pockets for your different accessories
- removable hood, slim fit, choose in jet black or classic navy
- wireless charger for your phone using jacket’s battery pack
- high-stretch and breathable
- Estimated Delivery: November 2018
- Backing Opportunity: Friday, March 23rd; already 647% funded
- Price: exclusive Kickstarter price at $195 for the vest and $295 for the jacket
Ministry of Supply
The company is made up of a team of mixed engineers and product designers, who are expert in apparel designing. They also collaborate with other tech companies, such as Dephy, Boston based human-robotics design and engineering firm, MEC AddHeat, leading company in learning wearable heating devices, etc.
Though the winter of 2018 is almost over (fingers crossed), we can totally give this high-tech electric jacket a try for the 2019 winter. The jacket itself is good for 20-60 degree F, and it works down to 0 F with the heaters on. Sounds like a solid plan?
(** The jacket information and product image/GIF are collected from https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1850124313/ministry-of-supply-the-first-intelligent-heated-ja/description)
Interested in reading other interesting tech products?
Check out our Ultimate Lumen Jacket post!